City of New York
DEPT OF CITYWIDE ADMIN SVCS
Job Vacancy Notice
Civil Service Title: Architect
Title Code No: 21215
Office Title: Project Manager
Division/Work Unit: Real Estate Services – Design & Project Management
Work Location: 1 Centre Street NY, NY 10007
Number of Positions: 4
DCAS’s mission is to make city government work for all New Yorkers. From managing New York City’s most iconic courthouses and municipal buildings, to purchasing over $1 billion annually in goods and services for more than 80 City agencies — what we do ensures that all agencies can deliver on their mission. Our reach touches every facet of city government and is instrumental to the successful day-to-day operations of the City of New York.
Our commitment to equity, effectiveness, and sustainability guides our work providing City agencies with the critical resources and support needed to succeed, including:
• Recruiting, hiring, and training City employees.
• Managing 55 public buildings.
• Acquiring, selling, and leasing City property.
• Purchasing over $1 billion in goods and services for City agencies.
• Overseeing the greenest municipal vehicle fleet in the country.
• Leading the City’s efforts to reduce carbon emissions from government operations.
When you work at DCAS, you’re not just working for one agency, but in service of them all. It’s an opportunity to provide impactful support, quality customer service, and help protect the future of New York City for generations to come. Visit our website at nyc.gov/dcas to learn more about the work we do.
DCAS Real Estate Services contains a Design & Project Management (D&PM) Unit that is tasked with delivering comprehensive project management and design expertise to DCAS and NYC client agencies in order to fulfill their operational and space needs in support of their services to the general public. We are seeking to hire a Project Manager (Architect Level 3) position for this team.
1. A valid New York State Registration as an Architect. Current New York State Registration as an Architect must be maintained for the duration of your employment.
2. In addition to above qualification requirements, to be eligible for placement in Assignment Levels II and III, individuals must have at least one year within the last three years of experience as a major contributor or a project leader on a complex project requiring additional and specific expertise in the disciplines needed to design or construct the project.
3. In addition to above qualification requirements, to be eligible for placement in Assignment Levels II and III, individuals must have at least one year within the last three years of experience as a major contributor or a project leader on a complex project requiring additional and specific expertise in the disciplines needed to design or construct the project.
New York City Residency is not required for this position.
Please visit www.nyc.gov/careers and search for JO 535861or JO 535863.
The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
City of New York